Curtis A. Linder began his career in legal staffing in 1984, as a contract paralegal on the MCI v. AT&T (damages portion) federal antitrust case in Chicago. He was on assignment through a large, locally-owned Chicago staffing company. Curtis quickly found his passion – temporary staffing – and was hired by the company to interview and place lawyers, paralegals and other support professionals on assignments with law firms and corporate legal departments throughout Chicagoland. Curtis has managed the legal divisions of two staffing companies before founding his own firm in 2003.
Professional Training and Education
- Certified Staffing Professional (CSP), American Staffing Association, 2004-present
- B.A., Political Science, Illinois State University, 1984
- American Staffing Association – Member and Appointed to Professional Services Section of ASA Policy Leadership Council (2012-2013)
- Illinois Paralegal Association – Sustaining Member
- International Paralegal Management Association (formerly LAMA) – Sustaining Member
- Illinois Search & Staffing Association – Board Member and Chair of the Legislative Affairs Committee (2012-2014)
- Illinois State University Paralegal Advisory Board – Member (2010-2014)
- Wright College Paralegal Advisory Board – Member (2011-2014)
- West Suburban Mass Transit District – Trustee representing LaGrange, Illinois (2010-present, Treasurer 2011-present)
- Union League Club of Chicago – Member: Field and Stream Chair (2009-present)
- Illinois State University Chicago West Alumni Chapter – Vice President (2004-2006); 2005/2006 Chapter Volunteer of the Year
- The Chicago Zoological Society (Brookfield Zoo) – Member
- PADI – Advanced Open Water SCUBA Diver Certification
- “Liking Linking on LinkedIn,” The Administrator’s Advantage, January/February, 2009.
- “Liking Linking on LinkedIn,” Career Corner column, Legal Employment Weekly, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2008.
- “Are You Working With a Recruiting Firm or a Staffing Firm?” Midwest Legal Staffing Guide, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2007.
- “Advanced Tips for E-mailing Your Resume,” Midwest Legal Staffing Guide, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2006.
- “E-mail Like a Pro – Today’s New Resume E-mailing Protocol,” Midwest Legal Staffing Guide, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2004.
- “Judgment Day” resume review column author, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin online edition and Employment Weekly newspaper, 2002-present.
- “Your Paralegal Resume and Professional Email Etiquette,” presented at Roosevelt University’s Paralegal Training Program Career Workshop for students and graduates, May 2010, December 2009.
- “Your Paralegal Resume and Professional Email Etiquette,” presented for Kankakee Community College Legal Careers Day, April 2010.
- “Finding Your First Paralegal Job in the Chicago Area – Plus Advanced Resume Tips,” presented for students and graduates of the Paralegal Studies Certificate Program, College of DuPage, April 2009.
- Panel Participant, “Hiring Trends – Preparing Students for the Current Job Market,” presented for the American Association of Paralegal Education North Central Region Conference, April 2009.
- “Overview of the Paralegal Job Market in Chicago and Resume E-mailing Tips,” presented to students and graduates of the Paralegal Studies Certificate Program, DePaul University, March 2009.
- Panel Participant, “Working With Headhunters and Legal Staffing Agencies” presented for DePaul University College of Law students, April 2006.
- “Technology Tips in Jobs and Job Search” presented at the ACC/Chicago Chapter Career Development Series Luncheon, March 2006.
- Moderator, “Assessing and Improving Your Skill Set: Strategies for Promotion Within or Outside Your Law Department” presented for the Association of Corporate Counsel, Chicago Chapter, February 2005.
- “Resumes and Cover Letters” presented for the Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Career Assistance Committee, October 2004.
- “Build a Better Resume: 30 Tips in 30 Minutes” presented for Roosevelt University’s Paralegal Studies Program, October 2004 and the Illinois Paralegal Association Educational Conference, October 2003.
- “PDAs as Marketing Tools” presented to attendees of the American Bar Association TECHSHOW, March 2001.